Embracing Change: Four tips to prevent tension among leaders during transitionsNovember 5, 2019
My End of Year Ritual RoutineDecember 17, 2019
I experienced my first Authentic Relating Games Night in October 2018. I left feeling grounded, fulfilled and a deep sense of connection with myself and others. These types of experiences are often reserved for multi-day retreats and other professional/personal development endeavors, so I was impressed that we accomplished these outcomes with games and activities during one evening.
I completed the Authentic Leadership Training in June 2019 and am now bringing Authentic Relating into my home community in Reno/Tahoe. What is authentic relating, how does it serve our purpose of re-humanizing the workplace?
Authentic relating includes activities designed to foster, deepen and fuel human connection. You can use Authentic Relating to:
- Work on your human skills including:
- Communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Emotional Intelligence: self-awareness, self-regulation, other awareness and relationship building
- Courage – asking for what we need, setting boundaries, sharing our stories and experiences
- Emotional literacy
- Body intelligence
- Experience social tools that build trust and psychological safety.
- Have fun!
If you want to experience Authentic Relating:
- Sign up for an Authentic Relating Games Night in your own community.
- Make a trip to Reno and attend one of ours (here).
- Bring Authentic Relating to your next team offsite, meeting or retreat.
- Buy the manual and facilitate Authentic Relating for your team (we only recommend this for seasoned facilitated who are experienced at creating safe containers in which people can be vulnerable).